Located in Western Sydney, the International Centre of Training Excellence (ICTE) is a world-class sporting facility that will serve visiting international elite athletes, local representative and community sportspeople, as well as the general public.
Blacktown City Council and project lead, Buildcorp, sought innovative partners to deliver on the centre’s ambitious design and performance requirements.
The Brief for International Centre of Training Excellence at Blacktown
Stantec contacted Rheem Commercial to assist with developing a solution for two hot water zones:
- Zone One – Treatment rooms, change rooms, the commercial kitchen, and server
- Zone Two – The 36-room accommodation facilities, a laundry area, and four restrooms
- 3 x swimming pools were also part of the facility
To deliver on Zone One’s estimated peak load of 4,110 litres, Rheem Commercial worked with Stantec Australia Pty Ltd and JRK Pty Ltd to install a Rheem Commercial Air to Water Heat Pump solution. The system utilises Rheem Commercial A2W 35 kW Heat Pumps to deliver hot water up to 65°C. Using this approach, the complex is estimated to save up to 75 per cent of hot water operating costs, compared to electric water heaters. Similarly for Zone Two, a Rheem Commercial A2W 16 kW Heat Pump was selected to deliver the accommodation facility’s estimated peak load of 3,435 litres.
Crystal Pools undertook the swimming centre build and design. Rheem Thermal, part of Rheem Commercial, was uniquely placed to offer design advice, technical assistance, and a range of pool heating solutions to meet the needs of the project. The Rheem Thermal 102kW Direct to Pool Heat Pump was chosen for the large recovery pool, which is to be heated to 36°C all year round. The chilled pool, which is to be kept at 13°C, utilised the Rheem Thermal 22kW Low Temperature Direct to Pool Chiller Heat Pump. Lastly, the hot pool, which maintains a temperature of 38°C, was equipped with the Rheem Thermal 20kW Direct to Pool Heat Pump.
- 2 x Rheem Commercial A2W 35kW Heat Pumps – model 953035H0 (Non-Ducted, Horizontal Discharge)
- 2 x Grundfos CM10-1 primary circulators
- 2 x Rheem RT2000N9ALU Stainless Steel Storage Tanks
- 2 x Rheem commercial A2W 16kW heat pump – model 95301600 Vertical Discharge
- 2 x Grundfos CM3-2 Single Phase primary circulators
- 4 x Rheem RT1000N9ALU Stainless Steel Storage Tanks
- 2x Rheem Thermal 102kW Direct to Pool Heat Pumps
- 2x Rheem Thermal 22kW Low Temperature Direct to Pool Chillers Heat Pumps
- 2x Rheem Thermal 20kW Direct to Pool Heat Pumps
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW RHEEM CAN CREATE A CUSTOM SOLUTION FOR YOU, NO MATTER THE SIZE.
READ OTHER RHEEM COMMERCIAL CASE STUDIES
- Hot water solution for 76 serviced apartments at The Brighton on Bay
- Sustainable hot water solution for Romani Residential Aged Care
- Rheem delivers hot water solution for Youfoodz to support production of a minimum of 800,000 meals a week
- WA University Innovation Precinct: Rheem delivers Air-to-Water Commercial Heat Pumps
- Rheem delivers hot water upgrade for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital