Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park is nestled between the Mudjimba Surf Beach and the Maroochy River on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. The holiday park has over 220 sites, including powered and unpowered campsites and cabins, which are serviced by three amenities buildings. A popular spot for families, the park is surrounded by local fishing spots, walking tracks, bike paths, and surfing locations.
Contour Consulting Engineers reached out to collaborate with Rheem Commercial’s Technical Sales team to select a solution for a new amenities building, which at full capacity would service approximately 120 sites. The project required a highly efficient system with low ongoing costs, while fitting within a small plant room with limited cross-ventilation.
1000L storage tanks were selected to maintain a high volume of stored water using a limited footprint, for periods of peak demand, and a Rheem Tankpak small boost plant was also added as a redundancy.
Taking into consideration the limited space and lack of ventilation, the team chose two Rheem Commercial Ducted Heat Pumps. Able to deliver hot water of up to 65 degrees, while conveying cold discharge air away from the plant room to maximise operating efficiency, the ducted heat pumps were a perfect choice.
The solution was designed by Contour Consulting Engineers, and installed by Murphy Builders, and DYFA Plumbing.
- 2 x 95201600 16kW Ducted Rheem Commercial Heat Pump
- 3 x RT1000 Rheem Storage Tank
- 1 x Rheem Tankpak TPI01/1340
FIND OUT MORE HERE ABOUT HOW RHEEM CAN CREATE A CUSTOM SOLUTION FOR YOU, NO MATTER THE SIZE.
READ OTHER RHEEM COMMERCIAL CASE STUDIES
- Rheem delivers solution to reduce costs at Hotel INDIGO in Brisbane’s CBD
- High-efficiency hot water solution for Aged Care Home
- Three plants for state-of-the-art St Moritz Apartments
- WA University Innovation Precinct: Rheem delivers Air-to-Water Commercial Heat Pumps
- Rheem delivers hot water upgrade for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital