The Rheem Platinum Series AMBIHEAT® HDc-270 Heat Pump Water Heater is a smart, energy-efficient and cost-effective approach to water heating. If you are looking to reduce your energy consumption with a reliable hot water system, then you’re in the right place.
Backed by years of reseach and development, the Rheem AMBIHEAT® Heat Pump is a smart, energy-efficient and cost-effective system; an alternative for areas where rooftop solar may not be suitable due to factors such as:
- Shade: Trees and neighbouring buildings can impact the amount of energy produced by solar;
- Slate roof: Slate is quite fragile, which isn’t suitable for solar collectors; and
- Roof orientation: Solar collectors facing north, east or west are suitable. South-facing collectors are not recommended in Australia as they don’t generate enough energy.
A heat pump doesn’t need any roof space to operate. Rather, it uses the heat from surrounding air, instead of direct solar radiation, to heat water.
What separates the Rheem AMBIHEAT® Heat Pump from other heat pumps?
The 270 litre Rheem AMBIHEAT ® Heat Pump caters perfectly for the energy-conscious, providing an innovative and effective solution to reducing hot water energy consumption. Here are some key reasons why the Rheem AMBIHEAT® Heat Pump is a great choice for your home:
Save up to 73% on your hot water energy consumption
Looking to use less energy to heat water? Replace your electric water heater with a Rheem AMBIHEAT® Heat Pump, and you could save up to 73%¹ on your hot water energy consumption. Also, its design and appearance makes it an ideal replacement for your electric water heater as it can use the same connections as an electric water heater.
Never be stuck without hot water
Nothing is worse than being left without hot water, especially in the cold winter months. The Rheem AMBIHEAT has a 2.4kW backup heating element to ensure that you always have hot water even in freezing conditions.
If the heat pump stops working for any reason, you can activate the manual heating mode at the touch of a button, which activates the backup heating element to do the water heating for you. This will keep you in hot water until the unit is serviced.
Control at the touch of your fingertips
The AMBIHEAT® features a user-friendly touch-screen and an LED status display that is easy to read. For normal everyday hot water demand, leave the heat pump on standard heating mode. Going away on vacation? Activate vacation mode, and the water heater will go into smart-saving mode, helping you keep your energy consumption down.
Designed for Australia’s harsh conditions
Rheem AMBIHEAT® features advanced wrap-around microchannel heating technology for uniform and faster water heating. This makes it suitable for cold temperatures (down to -5°C) and higher temperatures (up to 43°C)². Also, the storage cylinder is coated in Rheem Ultranamel, a tough, commercial grade vitreous enamel coating to protect the cylinder.
Eligible for Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STC)
Investing in renewable energy can sometimes be costly up-front. The Rheem AMBIHEAT® qualifies for Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs), which helps you reduce the up-front cost of your purchase. This may be applicable in your region.
7-year cylinder warranty
The Rheem AMBIHEAT® comes with a 7-year cylinder warranty³, backed by Rheem, Australia’s number one in hot water, to provide peace of mind.
Want to find out more about the Rheem AMBIHEAT Heat Pump and how it can benefit you and your family? Request a quote or contact your local plumber today.
- Energy savings of up to 73% are based on Australian Government approved TRNSYS simulation modelling using a medium load in Zone 3 and apply when replacing a storage electric water heater of similar size with a Rheem 551270 Heat Pump water heater. Any savings will vary depending upon your location, type of water heater being replaced, hot water consumption and fuel tariff. The impact on an electricity account will depend on the tariff arrangement of the water heater being replaced and where you live.
- The specified -5˚C to 43˚C temperature range is the operational range of the Heat Pump. The electric element activates when the ambient air temperature is outside this range and heating of the water is required.
- Warranty Periods: 7 years supply on cylinder, 3 years labour on cylinder, 3 years on sealed system including labour, 1 year supply and labour on all other parts. Applies to single family domestic dwelling only. Conditions apply. See the Rheem warranty set out in the Owner’s Guide and Installation Instructions or view at www.rheem.com.au/warranty.